Estate planning attorney serving clients in Japan and Hawaii
Estate planning is something people don’t usually like to think about. But when there is no estate plan in place, families can experience many problems. An estate can be tied up in probate for months while creditors make a claim. Family member may argue over the assets and who should be beneficiaries.
That’s why it’s important to start planning for the future with an experienced estate planning lawyer. Attorney Yuka Hongo of Hongo Law Office, LLLC has a thorough understanding of estate law and can help you create a plan that puts you in control over what happens to your assets when you are gone.
About Attorney Yuka Hongo
Firm founder attorney Yuka Hongo was born in Japan and raised in the United States. She graduated from Oberlin College and earned her law degree from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. Attorney Hongo is licensed to practice in Hawaii, California, New York and the District of Columbia. She founded Hongo Law Office, LLLC in Honolulu in 2013.
Attorney Hongo is fluent in both Japanese and English and has years of experience working in the legal field in both languages. She has lived and worked in Japan and the United States and regularly conducts seminars on estate planning in both countries. She typically travels to Japan twice a year.
In addition to providing legal services, attorney Hongo is also a licensed notary public in Hawaii. She is also an IRS CAA (Certifying Acceptance Agent) who can help clients obtain an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).
Attorney Yuka Hongo helps clients in Japan and Hawaii create appropriate and effective estate plans and represents families during the probate process. Many of our clients live in Japan and own property and other assets in Hawaii. Attorney Hongo can help them arrange for the distribution of assets in accordance with state law.
Our office helps clients with:
- Estate planning – We help clients create estate plans that meet the needs of their family and help avoid future legal problems.
- Trusts – As part of an estate plan, we can establish trusts for clients that can help protect their assets and give them greater control of their distribution.
- Power of attorney – We help clients create legal documents that grant others the power to make certain decisions on their behalf.
- Probate – We guide families through the complicated and sometimes lengthy probate process in Hawaii after the death of a loved one.
- Captive insurance – Our firm helps businesses establish subsidiary insurance companies to help them manage risk.
Our firm is well-known and has a very good reputation in the field of estate law. Attorney Yuka Hongo regularly receives referrals from banks, accountants, lawyers and other professionals in Japan and the United States.
Learn more about how our firm can help you plan for the future. Attorney Hongo is ready to meet with you to review your situation and discuss your needs and goals. She meets with clients at her Honolulu office, as well as in Japan during her annual visits there – typically twice a year. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.