ITIN Certifying Acceptance Agent

An estate planning lawyer who can make the process easier

Many of our clients need to pay taxes in the United States but don’t have a Social Security number. They need an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to ensure their taxes are processed and to avoid legal problems. Whether you reside in Hawaii or Japan, Hongo Law Office, LLLC can help.

As a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA), estate planning attorney Yuka Hongo is authorized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to help foreign nationals obtain an ITIN. She is very familiar with IRS regulations regarding the issuance of ITINs and can guide you through the process every step of the way.

If you own property in Hawaii, have business interests here or live in the United States for a certain amount of time each year, you will likely need to file a U.S. tax return. There are different options for obtaining an ITIN. You can deal with the IRS directly, contact an IRS Acceptance Agent, or contact a Certifying Acceptance Agent.

We offer a helpful service for our clients

Attorney Hongo can help you make the process easier in her role as a Certifying Acceptance Agent. She is authorized to certify your identification documents, so you don’t have to mail them into the IRS or go through the trouble of requesting certified copies from other government agencies.

She can also help you complete the ITIN application to be sure all required information is provided and that it is filled out correctly. She can then submit the application on your behalf. As a CAA, she can receive the ITIN directly from the IRS when it is issued.

Born in Japan, attorney Hongo has lived and worked in that country and the United States. She has extensive experience conducting legal transactions in both Japanese and English. As an attorney, she helps clients overcome the language and cultural barriers they face with estate planning issues in the United States.

Attorney Hongo helps clients in Japan and Hawaii makes sense of estate planning and prepare for the future. She knows what can happen when someone dies without an estate plan in place. The estate goes through probate and a court decides how someone’s assets should be distributed and who should get them.

Start planning for the future now

The probate process can be lengthy, expensive and stressful. It can also lead to family arguments at a time when you are still grieving. That’s why it so important to start planning now. An estate plan that is thought out carefully can help your family avoid probate and gives you control over how your assets will be distributed in the future.

Estate planning can also impact the amount of taxes your family will have to pay on any property or other assets you own in Hawaii. Attorney Hongo can meet with you to review your financial situation and discuss your goals. She can then help you create an estate plan that meets your needs and help you feel more secure about the future.

Contact us to learn more about how we can help you with obtaining an ITIN, creating an estate plan or preparing for probate. Our office is in Honolulu. Attorney Hongo also frequently travels to Japan, where she can meet with clients.